Scope of Work:
Assistant will provide support to PPL staff responsible for Outreach and Communications programs.
Research, analyze and develop log of stories and photos highlighting key issues and accomplishments attributed to the use of USAID’s Program Cycle or projects aimed at eradicating extreme poverty.
- Research includes information from outside reports as well as USAID documents.
- Story presentation methods can include written articles, bullets, pictures, social media suggestions or other formats that Bureau staff can easily pull together to highlight successes in programming.
Update, edit and increase accessibility of current Bureau information documents, including fact sheets, correspondence, congressional material (hearing transcripts, follow-up questions) and reports – for use in responding to questions about Bureau programs and progress. Also researches opportunities for Bureau leadership to share priority Bureau information and engage in thought leadership.
- Editing includes finalizing fact sheets, presentations, and other documents for distribution to USAID, Interagency, and public audiences
Support the planning and execution of PPL sponsored meetings, briefings and summits. Attend and report on the events as necessary.
- Preparation for meetings includes scheduling and organizing Bureau briefings and information sessions.
- Event reporting includes recording the key information shared in each event and determining how the messaging can be used to communicate greater Bureau priorities. Reporting will also include social media support as necessary.
Maintain up-to-date content on PPL’s external and internal websites and social media in collaboration Bureau communications staff.
- Tracking content to ensure timely posting on the public website
- Adding relevant bureau information and announcements to myusaid.gov
- Coordinating and posting information on USAID’s social media tools
- Analyzing usage of bureau outreach tools to ensure reachability