ICFJ seeks a Communications Associate with strong design and editorial skills to join our team in advancing our mission. This person plays a key role in executing a communications strategy that grows and engages our audiences as well as tells our story. S/he will manage ICFJ’s social media platforms, develop and publish compelling visuals and other content across channels (the ICFJ.org website, social media, newsletters/e-blasts), as well as support ICFJ’s public relations through events. The Communications Associate works closely with the Director of Communication, Vice President of Development, program staff and interns where applicable.
To meet the urgent need for reliable information, ICFJ promotes a professional journalism whose primary goal is to seek the truth. We help journalists use best practices and new technologies to improve the quality of news media. We believe that better journalism leads to better lives.
This is an exciting opportunity for an early-career communications professional to work collaboratively with a mission-driven team supporting truth tellers worldwide. You will have the opportunity to own projects, grow and share your knowledge, and help shape how ICFJ tells its story.
- Help tell the story of our impact around the world, by creating visually strong digital content such as multimedia stories, videos and slideshows.
- Manage ICFJ’s social media channels, and execute social media campaigns. Craft and schedule posts, as well as strategically engage with and grow our audiences.
- Handle production for ICFJ’s website, publishing content on ICFJ.org.
- Manage ICFJ’s email outreach and lists, including production of newsletters and event/press release e-blasts.
- Compile and analyze metrics reports to inform strategy.
- Use Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator to design printed materials (e.g. ICFJ-branded signage, banners, reports, etc.) that uphold brand standards.
- Support ICFJ events, especially our annual Awards Dinner. Work with the development team on event planning, production of online and printed materials, publicizing events and coordinating tech needs as needed.
- Work with program staff to promote and recruit program applicants through e-blasts, online advertising and social media.
- Conduct institution-wide trainings on ICFJ’s communications guidelines, branding, and using the website and on social media.
- Assist as needed in implementing a website redesign.
- Coordinate internal communications tasks.
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed.
Desired skills and experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree; major in journalism, communications or related field preferred
- At least 2-3 years of journalism or communications experience
- Experience in digital and social media; demonstrated ability growing and engaging audiences preferred
- Experience with ICFJ’s chosen tools and platforms (e.g. Drupal, Google Analytics, MailChimp, etc.)
- Experience with design/creative tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite) and HTML/CSS
- Strong design skills and demonstrated experience designing communications materials
- Excellent writing skills and strong grasp of AP style
- Video production and editing skills
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects/work streams and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well as part of a team and coordinate projects and tasks with different stakeholders
- Belief in ICFJ’s mission
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample including references and salary requirements to https://www.tfaforms.com/4625448.