Director of Communications
Responsible for developing and implementing communications, marketing and PR campaigns for Safe Kids Worldwide. Contributes to the development and implementation of initiatives, activities and events to promote the public presence and brand development of the organization. Effectively leverages broadcast, print and online media to raise awareness of the organization and its network, maximizing the national and local media presence of Safe Kids and its mission.
Directs development and implementation of Safe Kids Worldwide communications campaigns for funders
Directs press and media outreach activities
- Directs and supervises implementation of communication plans to support campaigns for funders
- Ensures quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness of all campaign materials
- Oversees budget for all campaigns and ensures we are good stewards of funder dollars
- Works as a part of a team to both complete communications projects and oversee project personnel
- Monitors effectiveness of campaigns and oversees delivery of meaningful and timely reports to funders
- Ensures brand identity goals are met
- Identifies new communications opportunities
- Leads all aspects of the campaign, including public relations, marketing, and digital communications
Manages outside vendors/contractors for communication and marketing strategy
- Leads Safe Kids media outreach
- Identifies media opportunities to support campaign messages
- Analyzes coverage, identifies gaps, and develops strategies to ensure adequate and appropriate coverage
- Evaluates media opportunities and recommends course of action
- Creates/supervises development of media materials
- Directs response to media inquiries
Develops and directs communications and marketing staff
- Ensures quality work from outside production companies, media monitoring services, media vendors, PR and advertising agencies, etc., including those who work on behalf of Safe Kids sponsors
- Generates requests for proposals, evaluates submissions, and selects vendors
- Ensures timely and cost effective delivery of products
Supports implementation of organizational culture that reflects accountability and adaptability.
- Identifies, develops, leads and motivates high performing team
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountability-driven culture
- Develops human resources plans for staff including mentoring, coaching and development, selection, compensation and corrective actions
- Deploys staff appropriately to meet business objectives
- Develops staffing plans/schedules to optimize productivity and ensure quality services
- Exhibits expected organizational behaviors
- Partners with team members to achieve goals
- Communicates constructively and effectively
- Shares and seeks knowledge and provides feedback to others
- Receptive to others ideas and opinions
- Provides organizational support as required by other departments
- Significant experience in public relations, media relations and marketing and communications strategies.
- Excellent written communication skills, including writing for media, online outlets and print publications.
- Excellent editing ability (both content and copy editing).
- Knowledge and comprehension of online communications and tools.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented, able to work independently in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- The ability to work effectively with other staff and to follow approved Safe Kids Worldwide procedures and policies.