Development and Fundraising Manager
The Development and Fundraising Manager has responsibility for all aspects of individual donor stewardship, grants management, fundraising events, holiday and other appeals and helps establish new funding sources. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing our fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a stronger development team for our organization. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts as well as planned and annual giving campaigns.
- Develop and oversee our annual fundraising program
- Actively work with the Executive Director, board and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include major donor and planned giving programs, grant acquisition and event implementation
- Develop and implement a stewardship program that includes: stewardship of individual supporters; maintain an updated database of contact information
- Maintain regular correspondence with major donors and prospects;
- Identify prospects at all giving levels via spheres of influence of board, members, current contacts and donors to other organizations
- Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors
- Database management
- Develop and coordination of a schedule of proposals, reporting, letter of inquiry deadlines, outcomes tracking and calendar updating
- Conduct ongoing research of public and private funding opportunities and trends
- Oversee event coordination of several annual events;
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program
- Other duties as they may apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field preferred
- 3+ years’ fundraising experience
- Foundation relationship and grant writing experience
- Familiarity with NGP
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Flexible and adaptable style
- Able to positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- High energy and passion for WAND nonprofit's mission is essential
- Exceptional attention to detail;
Benefits include vacation, personal and holiday time-off. Pension plan options available after first year.
Please submit a cover letter outlining your interest in the position, a writing sample, and a recent copy of your resume to Nancy Parrish at email@example.com. We seek diversity including but not limited to race, sex, age, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, religion, class, philosophy and culture.