This is a paid internship with American Bird Conservancy’s Policy and Advocacy team. This person will work with policy staff to organize a coordinated lobby initiative and assist in the development of policy materials, a press release, and a grassroots action alert. This person will help draft comments in response to Federal Register notices on priority issues, as well as develop outreach materials, and advance threat reductions campaigns including communications towers, powerlines, and open pipes.
- Conduct research, gather and analyze information.
- Writing summaries and educational fact-sheets.
- Assist with outreach to American Bird Conservancy members.
- Help prepare Congressional testimony and legislative analysis.
- Accompany policy staff on visits to Congressional offices.
- Interns may also represent the organization in meetings with other environmental groups.
- Attend Congressional hearings.
- Assist with the developing comments on pending regulations.
- Prepare briefing materials.
- College graduate pursuing graduate or legal studies preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in environmental conservation.
- Must have basic understanding of the legislative process and federal regulations.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to disseminate policy analysis in a clear and concise manner.
- Needs to be energetic in a fast-paced environment and capable of working well as part of a team.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
Please send your cover letter and resume as ONE document to Merrie Morrison at HR@abcbirds.org.