Seafood Nutrition Partnership (SNP) is the leading 501(c)3 non-profit organization in the U.S. inspiring a healthier America through partnerships and outreach that raise awareness about the essential nutritional benefits of eating seafood. Leading health organizations – including the World Health Organization, American Heart Association, and American Alzheimer’s Association – recommend at least two servings of fish and shellfish per week, yet only 1 in 10 Americans are meeting those guidelines. SNP is addressing the country’s public health crisis through education programs and resources that inspire people to incorporate more fish, shellfish and omega-3s into their meals for improved health.
SNP is seeking an outstanding professional for its Summer Intern who has a strong background in communications but is a foodie interested in nutrition and/or public health. The candidate must be a highly collaborative, entrepreneurial, organized, energetic and goal-oriented individual.
This will be an educational, hands-on experience. The Communications Intern will be offered the opportunity to work on exciting projects in the areas of marketing, communications, digital content creation, and event planning and execution.
The SNP office is located in Arlington, Va., two blocks from the Rosslyn Metro on the orange, blue and silver lines.
- Assist the communications team with ongoing projects and tasks, including social media management, digital content creation, public relations outreach, and more.
- Help with crafting and monitoring social media; writing and editing articles, blog posts, press releases, and newsletter; and assisting in research.
- Collaborate in the planning and execution for the October National Seafood Month campaign and related events.
- At a minimum, enrolled in a Bachelor’s program in the fields of nutrition, public health, environmental health & sustainability, communications, journalism, or related fields.
- Have a love of seafood.
- Outstanding people skills and ability to relate to people with various roles.
- Experienced with utilizing social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube. Added bonus if you have experience on website content management systems such as WordPress as well as Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Exceptional writing skills and an ability to articulate a compelling case for the mission.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive problem solver and a self-starter with ability to work individually or on a team.
- Must successfully complete a background check.
- Lifting: 10-25 lbs
- Carrying: Meeting supplies and equipment
- Standing: May be required while working events
- Walking: Some walking required while working events
- Paid internship, up to 20-30 hours per week
- This position is not eligible for healthcare benefits
How to Apply
Interesting candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through May 13, 2018 and only qualified candidates will receive a response due to limited resources. Thank you for your interest in Seafood Nutrition Partnership (www.seafoodnutrition.org).