Public Affairs Director
Public Affairs Agency, Washington, DC
Story Partners, a leading Washington, D.C.-based public affairs firm, is seeking a director to develop and implement media and communications strategies on behalf of its food and agriculture client base. The successful candidate will have a solid record of achievement in generating media placements, a persuasive writing portfolio, and a passion for providing outstanding client service.
· Work with client teams to develop and execute strategic public affairs campaigns for food and agriculture clients
· Leverage media relations expertise to develop news hooks and generate strategic media placements
· Maintain, cultivate, and strengthen relationships with Beltway, trade, national and local media, as well as key reporters and influencers in the farm and food press
· Draft and edit content for newsletters, press releases, op-eds, bylined articles, social media posts, websites, blogs, infographics, etc.
· Develop and execute creative social media campaigns for food and agriculture clients
· Craft messages and narrative to advance client positions in the press and through social media engagement
· Develop and implement executive positioning and thought leadership campaigns for clients
· Three to five years of experience working in press operations or journalism, with at least two years of experience as a press secretary, or similar, on Capitol Hill
· Knowledge and interest in farm and food policy
· Reporter, blogger, and producer contacts
· Strong writer with a persuasive writing portfolio
· Well-organized with an ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
· Excellent media contacts, strong media pitching skill, and a solid record of achievement in generating media placements
· Bachelor’s Degree
This is an excellent growth opportunity for an ambitious, conscientious team player with a solid record of achievement in public affairs. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.