Human Resources Intern
USCRI is looking for a Human Resources intern interested in tackling a variety of HR functions that are fundamental to our human capital assets and the business operations of this nonprofit organization. In this position, you will assist our HR department leaders and other staff with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, professional development, onboarding/new hire orientation, employee benefits, and other project support tasks. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. The Human Resource intern will learn how to take his or her knowledge and skills from the classroom and directly apply them to our work environment. The Human Resources intern will be supervised by the Associate Director of HR.
You Will Learn How To:
- Create and/or revise various human resources projects involving onboarding, recruitment, data management, and employee benefits administration, training and development
- Comprehend the importance of employment law and compliance, especially regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files, and forms management
- Learn how to benchmark to improve on service provided by human resources
- Build skills to support organizational development and general day to day HR functions
What We Are Looking For:
- Background or strong interest in business administration, human resources, organizational development, or other related disciplines
- Efficient problem solving and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Detail-oriented and creativity
- Organized, with an ability to multi-task various projects and prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype for Business, and SharePoint
USCRI is dedicated to ensuring a mutually beneficial relationship with its interns. We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career interests and goals. You will gain an understanding of USCRI’s overarching goals and HR’s role in this agenda so that you are better prepared to work in the field of human resources. You will learn how to assist our staff in a professional setting. Interns are also provided opportunities to learn more about the organization, our department leaders and other professionals in the non-profit sector, and enhance your professional development.
This internship begins August 20, 2018 and requires a 20 hour per week commitment. USCRI internships require a minimum of 20 hours per week and interns may not be in the office more than 8 hours per day. The internship is located in Crystal City-Arlington, VA, 15 minutes from DC.
- Part-time (20-30 hrs. per week): up to $160 stipend per month
- Full-time (30-40): $240 stipend per month
- Local travel expenses to and from the office are also reimbursed, up to a maximum of $20 per day
How To Apply
To apply for this internship, please send the following materials to email@example.com. Only applications received via email will be considered for this position. Specify “Human Resources Intern” and your name in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please!
- Resume or C.V.
- Cover letter, stating the basis for your interest in this position and why your qualifications make you the right candidate for this internship
- Two References (names and contact information only