The Chris Atwood Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Northern Virginia working to save lives from opioid overdose, provide recovery support to individuals and families affected by addiction, and educate the community about this treatable and preventable brain disorder. We do this in memory of local Reston resident, Chris Atwood, who lost his life to a heroin overdose at the young age of 21.
The CAF seeks a fall intern interested in assisting with communications, fundraising, and event planning in an nonprofit environment. This position is located in Reston with the possibility of some local travel. A car is required. A travel and meals stipend is provided.
- Draft social media posts
- Design flyers and social media/website graphics
- Assist in website maintenance
- Research grant opportunities
- Assist with building and maintaining our donor list.
- Help prepare fall/winter fundraising campaigns, solicitations, and donor communications through direct mail and email outreach
- Create content for newsletters
- Update blog / current events section of website
- Log incoming donations and send acknowledgment letters
- Superb writing skills, including ability to learn appropriate language and messaging about the disease of addiction
- Proficient in Facebook, Twitter
- Proficient in Google docs, sheets, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to manage deadlines and prioritize without oversight
- Demonstrated commitment to mental health/addiction or similar issues strongly preferred
- Experience with web development using Wix a plus.