Americans for the Arts Summer Internships
Americans for the Arts is the nation's leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts in America. With over 50 years of service, it is dedicated to representing and serving local communities and creating opportunities for every American to participate in and appreciate all forms of the arts.
The Americans for the Arts Internship Program offers undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent college graduates the opportunity to investigate and participate in the operations of the nation's leading nonprofit for advancing the arts in America. Interns are expected to participate in daily activities, contribute skills and ideas, and produce excellent work, all the while preparing to become the next generation of arts, nonprofit, and cultural leaders.
- Hours: 30 hours per week (full-time)
- Start Date: May 30, 2018
- End Date: Week of August 3, 2018
- Compensation: Paid, hourly
- Location: Washington, DC
- Weekly Schedule: Flexible, determined with intern supervisor after hire
- Undergraduate student, graduate student, or college graduate
- Experience and interest in nonprofit administration and/or cultural policy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to establish priorities and juggle numerous assignments at one time
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office
Click here for a full list of all the available internships and to apply online.