Senior Communications Associate
Climate Nexus (CN) is a nonprofit strategic communications group dedicated to changing the conversation on climate change and clean energy solutions in the United States. CN is seeking a candidate to fill a senior associate position on its Campaigns and Strategies team in Washington, DC. The position will be working across communications efforts including social, media and polling.
- Design social media products and campaigns to support clean energy and climate change solutions.
- Distill survey research findings into communications guidance for different audiences.
- Engage journalists and editors who cover a variety of beats related to climate change, clean energy, business and more.
- Draft a range of products for use with media and on social platforms.
- Work with internal and external partners to help build and support strategic communication programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience designing and implementing social media efforts.
- Experience working on communications, marketing, branding and/or advocacy campaigns.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of climate change and clean energy issues preferred, but not necessary.
- Experience working with journalists and media organizations preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous issues.
- Demonstrated expertise using social media platforms.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter including most recent salary to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Senior Communications Associate” in the subject line. Climate Nexus is a fiscally sponsored project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, Inc., an equal opportunity employer. Climate Nexus is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.