Public Policy Coordinator
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Our commitment to innovation extends to our first-class Public Policy and Government Affairs department which is currently seeking a Coordinator for its Washington, DC office. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced team focused on proactively driving policy leadership and providing best-in-class service to our internal and external stakeholders. This position is ideal for a highly motivated individual who is strongly committed to stakeholder service and pursuing a career in a creatively driven industry.
- Act as research assistant on legislation, press reports, legal filings and other matters, as needed. Facility for probing online sources to find information and compiling them into legible format.
- Act as liaison, researcher, and retrieval source for copyright registrations, renewals, and expirations; work directly with UMG Labels and Legal Department, Library of Congress, and Copyright Office.
- Attend congressional staff hearings and industry meetings as applicable. Research and prepare legislative, biographical, and other background materials for UMG executive meetings in Washington.
- Assist SVP with the filing of quarterly Lobbying Disclosure Activity reports as well as biannual Lobbying Disclosure Act Contribution reports as required by the US House of Representatives and US Senate.
- Assist in managing the UMG Political Action Committee, includingreporting of political contributions and PAC membership.
- Assist in event planning, including briefings, site visits and special events.
- Assist with scheduling; maintain an accurate calendar of upcoming events and deadlines
- Back-up primary Department Administrative Assistant; familiarity with expense report system, processing invoices, arranging travel; monitoring and ordering office supplies
- Manage correspondence
- Ad hoc projects
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Exercise a high degree of professionalism in interactions with all levels of the organization and external parties
- Proactive problem-solver who is business-savvy and demonstrates good judgment and flexibility
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent follow-through skills and ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Minimum 2 years Administrative assistant experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and familiarity with Capitol Hill or government affairs; prior direct experience preferred
- Proficient with Mac and PC; Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Experience with travel booking systems, invoice processing and expense report systems
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.