For over a century, the National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) has been at the forefront of social change, championing the needs of women, children, and families and working to safeguard individual rights and freedoms. For decades, NCJW has been the leading voice on reproductive health and rights in the Jewish community. NCJW is seeking a full-time Legislative Associate in its Government Relations and Advocacy Department, reporting to the Senior Manager of Government Relations. This individual will focus on issues related to sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice; health care; and religious freedom. Applicants should possess a commitment to progressive change, racial justice, and working in a diverse environment.
- Lobby members of Congress and other decision-makers on assigned issues
- Help develop and implement grassroots strategies to support advocacy in Washington, DC
- Monitor related court cases and public policy issues
- Represent organization at meetings with legislators, government officials, and relevant coalitions
- Research and create written materials, such as alerts, backgrounders, talking points, press releases, testimony, and articles for organizational publications and website on assigned issues
- Assist in planning and staffing annual organizational conferences, trainings, and legislative meetings
- Help staff NCJW campaigns related to assigned issue area
- Assist in advocacy training and related materials development
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice
- Undergraduate degree or commensurate experience working on sexual and reproductive rights, health, and justice; health care; and/or religious freedom issues
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and with supervision
- Flexibility and ability to work well in a team
- Willing to travel
- Experience with a membership or volunteer organization and experience in advocacy a plus
- Understanding of intersectionality, reproductive justice, and racial justice is an advantage
Salary and Benefits:
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Employees filling an NCJW bargaining unit position are required to join the union and pay membership dues.
Starting salary is $50,000; comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance; generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Send resume and cover letter to (no calls please):
Faith Williams, Senior Manager of Government Relations
NCJW, 1707 L Street, NW, #950, Washington, DC 20036
NCJW is an equal opportunity employer. Women, LGBTQ individuals, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.