The Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance (SUWA) is dedicated to the preservation of the outstanding wilderness at the heart of the Colorado Plateau in Utah, and the management of these lands in their natural state for the benefit of all Americans. SUWA promotes local and national recognition of the region's unique character, and supports both administrative and legislative initiatives to permanently protect the wild places in Utah within the National Wilderness Preservation System.
SUWA's legislative staff in D.C. focuses on a large array of public land issues -- including lobbying for or against wilderness proposals, communicating with federal land management agencies, and tracking energy legislation.
• Conduct research and assist legislative team with preparation of lobby materials, fact sheets, testimony for congressional hearings, etc
• Compile and distribute daily media coverage of Utah wilderness and western public land issues
• Attend and report on relevant Congressional hearings.
• Coordinate and conduct drops of material to Congress
• Occasional general office support
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely is essential
• A commitment to the environment is essential, and knowledge of government and/or public land issues is a plus but not mandatory
• The ability to handle multiple tasks at once
• A positive attitude and a desire to work in a fun office setting
COMPENSATION: SUWA offers a stipend of $200 per week of work
TO APPLY: Email a resume, writing sample, and cover letter to: Travis Hammill, email@example.com. No phone calls please.
CLOSING DATE: 12/21/2018