The Communications Officer will play an integral role in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating communications strategies that enhance and deepen the understanding of the Foundation’s mission and programs. The Communications Officer will create promotional materials, manage various projects, shape and support media relations efforts, oversee video production, and help manage the Foundation’s digital presence. The successful candidate will be a highly-motivated, resourceful self-starter with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think analytically, write creatively, and work collaboratively with colleagues, key partners, and stakeholders.
· With VP of Communications, develop, execute, and evaluate communications strategies to advance the Foundation’s strategic priorities, working collaboratively with staff to identify opportunities for internal and external outreach.
· Maintain the Foundation’s website, coordinating and executing updates, developing new content and interfacing with web consultants.
· Manage social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest. Create content, develop and execute campaigns, as well as monitor channel activity and metrics. Design and disseminate e-communications and manage segmented mailing lists.
· Support media relations efforts. Write and edit promotional materials, including blog posts, news releases, e-blasts, and other compelling communications tailored to various audiences and partners. Build and foster relationships with stakeholders, partners, and media outlets.
· Assist with tracking and evaluation of metrics of success and make recommendations to adapt strategies to grow and improve outreach results.
· Oversee production of videos.
· Assist in planning and managing events.
· Provide communications guidance and technical support to staff as needed.
· Support budget management and other administrative functions. Collaborate with vendors and consultants.
· Maintain and develops one’s own professional skills and knowledge.
· Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience in communications, public relations, marketing, or a related field required.
· Excellent written/oral communications skills; strong interpersonal skills.
· Direct experience developing social media content and managing social media channels for an organization, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest. Proficiency with social media management tools and use of analytics to guide strategy preferred.
· Website management experience, including coordinating and executing updates and helping to generate new content. Familiarity with Wordpress and SEO strategies/web analytics preferred.
· Some experience working with reporters, bloggers, or members of the media
· Experience with Adobe Photoshop or other design software a plus.
· Demonstrated success managing multiple projects; strong analytic and organizational skills.
· Self-starter, able to work independently and collaboratively.
· Continuous learner who stays abreast of latest trends in communications.
· Commitment to and passion for public education and the mission of the NEA Foundation.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and note Communications Officer in your subject line.