This position is a key member of the management team, with responsibility for setting the organizations communications, marketing and public relations strategy. This position reports to the SVP Development & COO.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop and implement overall communications strategy for organization. This includes: digital communications, including oversight of website and social media channels and email newsletters to all stakeholders; press outreach, including oversight of our outside PR agency; print and advertising communications for development and program teams; and responsible for maintenance of brand consistency and organizational voice consistency throughout external channels.
· Manage all aspects of marketing the scholarship to applicants, public, donors, and other stakeholders. This includes hiring and supervising graphic designer, negotiating advertising space through print and digital outlets, and managing budget. In addition, manage digital advertising through social media outlets and Google Ads.
· Develop strategy and manage communications for external audiences, including organizational announcements and press releases. Work with development team to help plan events recognizing donors, students, families and programmatic achievements.
· Develop and manage regular messaging to key stakeholders. This includes the creation of monthly donor, prospect, and family newsletters, and oversight of all Constant Contact emails.
· Maintain relationships with external vendors, web designers and developer, outside PR agency, printers, and advertising outlets.
· Serve as in-house designer/collaborate with all staff on design.
· Provide website and technical support for full team, such as building web forms and training staff on Canva and Constant Contact.
Social Media Communications
· Design and implement our social media strategy.
· Work with Operations and Development Associate to create relevant, engaging content for organization’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube), including researching resources and events for CSFP families. This work will include photo and video editing and light design work.
· Coordinate with program staff to communicate important events and dates to CSFP families via social media.
· Stay up-to-date on changes to social media platform management/trends and working knowledge of what content works best in particular social media channels.
· May manage summer or part-time interns to assist with enhanced marketing projects.
· Manage the design and fabrication of event signage
· Provide communication support for all events, including drafting press releases, speeches, and talking points; and designing invitations and program materials
· Assist with designing and implementing communications plans for development events and appeals.
· Work with development team to prepare monthly donor and prospect newsletter bounce and click/engagement reports, and with this information and google analytics, analyze trends and suggest ways to improve engagement by donors and prospects.
· Oversee Annual Report process and work with development team on content and production.
· 3- 5 years’ progressive experience in communications and marketing
· Excellent computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, social media tools; Google analytics; online email platforms like Constant Contact and some design software experience)
· Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design skills
· A demonstrated ability to complete projects independently and a track record of taking initiative
· Excellent organizational skills and project management, including capacity to balance multiple projects and competing priorities
· Team player: ability to work across the organization
· Mission-oriented and interested in, or knowledgeable about, Philadelphia education, access to education for all, education reform, and/or tax credit-funded scholarship opportunities
· Understanding of donor stewardship and donor recognition
· Preferred qualifications: Word Press experience; some fundraising CRM experience; proficiency in video editing and InDesign
APPLICATIONS AND INQUIRIES
Resumes and cover letter required (writing samples and/or portfolios will be required and requested at a later date). Send cover letter and resume with demonstrable accomplishments to:
Senior Vice President/COO
Children’s Scholarship Fund Philadelphia
100 South Broad Street, Suite 1200
Philadelphia, PA 19110