Writer and Editor
Responsible for writing, researching, and editing a range of products that communicate AIPAC’s policies to external and internal audiences, to include members of Congress, the executive branch and the wider policy community as well as AIPAC members and staff. Help develop and produce a comprehensive range of communications products to proactively communicate ongoing and breaking issues, as well as to execute a regular schedule of high-quality publications. He/she will report to the Global Content Manager and work under the general supervision of the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Drafts and/or edits a range of written products for internal and external audiences, to include articles, memos, talking points, research summaries, letters and video scripts and social media for distribution across a range of communications channels such as email, internet, print, video and social media.
- Supports production of monthly Near East Report, AIPAC’s flagship policy publication by conducting original research and fact checking all submissions.
- Compiles, condenses and fact-checks research into easily-digestible formats for Hill, member and staff audiences.
- Proficiently uses Adobe InDesign, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Sitecore; create and update products daily using these systems.
- Provides copyediting and/or proofreading services in accordance with AP Style.
- Builds and fosters collaborative relationship with other departments and regions within AIPAC and with specific AIPAC internal clients to provide writing support, to stay informed of new initiatives, and to integrate efforts within the broader communications program.
- Assists the Marketing and Communications Department with the following efforts:
- To create, implement, and update a strategic, multi-faceted communications program designed to build and strengthen the organization's mission, goals, and reputation;
- To identify emerging opportunities to support organizational initiatives and to develop communications materials and programs to support these activities;
- To develop communications guidelines, processes, policies, and procedures; and
- To develop implementation processes and provide quality control for communications products and programs.
- Other duties as assigned, to include supporting the AIPAC annual policy conference.
- Bachelor’s degree; majors in communications, international relations/U.S. foreign policy, public policy or journalism preferred.
- Strong writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills a must; familiar with implementation of AP Style.
- Outstanding attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills; self-starter with the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Full competencies in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong passion for the U.S. – Israel relationship, committed to making a difference through exceptional communications on behalf of AIPAC.
- Possesses the drive to maintain awareness and understanding of relevant news affecting this relationship.
- Technical skill in graphic design software, email marketing (Salesforce Marketing Cloud) and digital content production a plus.