The Research Associate is responsible for research in support of local and national campaigns to challenge America’s largest corporations to take responsibility for how their business practices affect working families and their communities.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
- Compiles, researches, presents and summarizes data on industries, companies, individuals, issues and other topics in support of SEIU’s program.
- Responds to requests for information from Locals and appropriately defines and develops them; makes referrals as necessary.
- Synthesizes relevant facts/issues from a large amount of information/data.
- Works with Local Union staff to gather and provide information in a timely fashion.
- Develops and implements his/her weekly work plan; meets deadlines.
- Demonstrates the capability to learn and develop new skills.
- Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, statistics, labor relations or a related field and two (2) years experience in research, with demonstrated ability in quantitative or qualitative research, even as a student. Successful completion of the required research test.