Specialist, Government Affairs
Basic Function of the Position: The Specialist is responsible for strategic oversight of lobbying initiatives related to immigration, cybersecurity, and encryption. The Specialist will also assist the federal government affairs team on public policy issues affecting the CE industry.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify, monitor, and influence federal legislation and regulations impacting the consumer technology industry.
• Lead federal policy engagement on immigration, cybersecurity, and encryption.
• Conduct research and write memoranda, articles, blog posts and position papers on these issues.
• Represent association at events, including political fundraisers and industry meetings.
• Attend and report on Congressional hearings and other policy briefings.
• Management and organization of events, including, but not limit to, fundraisers, lobbying days, hill briefings, technology demonstrations and CES.
• Other duties as required by business needs.
Experience & Education:
• 3-5 years’ experience working on federal legislative or regulatory issues, Capitol Hill experience strongly preferred
• Experience with research and writing focused on policy, legislation and regulatory issues
• Bachelors or Advanced degree in Political Science, International Affairs or related and relevant course of study
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of the political process
• Must be a strong and compelling writer
• Strong research and deductive skills required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
• Effective written and verbal communications skills in public speaking, presentations, and written reports
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple issues and tasks, and the ability to work reliably on complex projects with tight deadlines
Budget and Staff: Not applicable
Additional Information: Must have flexibility to attend industry events in the early morning and evenings.