Government Relations Manager
At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
Responsible for supporting (and/or implementing) effective engagement with health care provider specialty societies related to changes in Anthem policies, and respond to questions and concerns. Consistently deliver timely, applicable research and analysis of changing health care landscape, health care provider statutory and regulatory priorities, payer reimbursement and medical policies, provider contract negotiations and other successful health care cost containment strategies. Will collaborate within the Public Affairs Department and across other internal functional areas, including Network and Clinical.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Regularly prepare high-quality written and/or oral communications and presentations as requested.
• Successfully manage multiple deliverables under tight timeframes.
• Coordinate with Reimbursement Policy and other relevant Anthem SMEs on research and analysis of reimbursement and medical policies, for use in interacting with external audiences.
• Consistent and collaborative interaction with internal subject matter experts to develop informed assessments of topics of interest.
• Support representation of (and/or represent) Anthem and its specific businesses with health care provider specialty societies, public policy thought leaders and other key stakeholders.
• Regularly consult with Public Affairs colleagues to develop landscape assessments of statutory and regulatory issues of interest to Anthem’s Network and Clinical functional area.
• Develop and maintain a system for tracking and drafting timely communications to and from health care provider specialty societies, while closely collaborating with internal subject matter experts.
• Coordinate and facilitate internal and external stakeholder meetings, in-person or via teleconference.
- Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field;
- 5 years of experience in legislative, regulatory or advocacy; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is preferred.
- Experience working directly for, or with, national medical specialty societies, is strongly preferred.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to interact confidently with senior internal and external stakeholders, and subject matter experts while being adept and comfortable with influencing decision-making.
- Experience writing formal communications for executive level audiences is required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal team based skills required.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office products, most notably Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to learn complex issues relating to healthcare policy and business.
- High-degree of self-awareness with a positive, professional, and solution-oriented attitude.
- Self-motivated to learn more about the business and is proactive in personal development.
ALL candidates must submit a cover letter in addition to a resume for this position to be considered.