State Policy and Alliance Associate Director
GW Pharmaceuticals (GW), along with its U.S. subsidiary Greenwich Biosciences, is a pioneering global biopharmaceutical company that has established a world-leading position in cannabinoid science and medicines over the last 20 years.
Support the Greenwich State Government Affairs Team and field-based contract lobbyists, in monitoring, analysis and advocacy activities related to state legislative and regulatory developments affecting Greenwich patients. The State Policy and Alliance Associate Director will lead our engagement with external political and policy organizations to ensure maximum value and alignment of objectives. The role will also support the management and accountability of external contract consultants and the unified messaging of all those representing Greenwich externally. This is a remote opportunity for an individual based on the East Coast.
- Reports to the Senior Director, State Government Reimbursement and Policy.
- Interacts with Federal Affairs and Public Policy leadership teams as appropriate, the field-based Greenwich state government affairs team and external parties, including consultants working for Greenwich, trade and legislative/public official associations (more than 20 groups, including RAGA, NASDA, CSG, etc.), law firms, vendors and other entities, including state and local public officials as required.
- At the direction of the Senior Director, acting as the first filter for the incredible volume of state-based cannabis legislative and regulatory developments for their potential impact to patients or Greenwich operations; assuring individual field-based team members remain aware of new legislative and regulatory proposals in their respective regions and developing materials for use in Greenwich state advocacy activities.
- Maintaining bill and regulation tracking files and communication vehicles to assure internal Greenwich stakeholder awareness of policy changes affecting their objectives.
- Supporting Senior Director/other leadership (Market Access, Sales, Medical Affairs, GA, PP) in developing policy positions, white papers and presentations for internal and external audiences, including power point presentations, talking point documents and other advocacy materials.
- Drafting regular internal reports on legislative and regulatory developments in the states for use with other key internal teams.
- Lead the planning and execution of essential SGA training and team building events, and act as an ambassador of our patient focused corporate culture.
- Helps find and facilitate external speaking opportunities for Greenwich leaders at cannabis, public health, regulatory, political and advocacy events, to expand our voice and mission as a world leader in developing cannabis-based medicines.
- Opportunity for development of lobbying and advocacy skills and perspectives, with the potential to lobby/advocate in certain key states in collaboration with the SGA Regional Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in addition to 8+ years working in or with state governments, with a focus in healthcare, cannabis or department/project management roles.
- Well-developed political acumen, strong analytical and communication skills.
- Strong writing skills are a must, the State Policy and Alliance Associate Director needs a deep knowledge of the mechanics of state government and must be able to articulate complicated public policy perspectives for a wide range of audiences.