Legislative Research Assistant
You will work in one of Stateside’s four Issue Teams supporting major corporations and trade associations in their state lobbying and government relations efforts. The Legislative Research Assistant position will manage and synthesize research on a range of topics in government-industry fields. Your main responsibilities will be managing a national legislative tracking database and working closely with a team of Legislative Associates to track and analyze legislation and public policy issues. This position requires exceptional attention to detail and communication skills, with an emphasis on speed and accuracy. Serves as the point-person and liaison within the team and management. Opportunities for advancement in Stateside’s growing firm are strong. Starting salary range is the upper $30s to low $40s.
Detailed Description of Job Duties:
- Assist in managing the team sessional employees.
- Develop and execute a team status checking schedule.
- Help keep Associates’ tracked legislation updated.
- Cover an Associate’s state assignment when an Associate is out of the office.
- Assist with entering newly introduced relevant legislation as needed.
- Help pull and compile special reports as requested by Management or clients.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in legislative research and policy evaluation from time spent on state legislative staff. Ideal candidates will have worked in one of the following capacities for about a year: Legislative Aide; Legislative Assistant; Committee Clerk; sessional employee; or similar job duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, government, communications or related field.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques governing management, organization, and operations.
- Ability to apply research methods to design studies and assessments and use analysis techniques to identify legislative patterns and trends.
- Outstanding writing ability with a track record of developing and synthesizing research into clear, comprehensible products that are accessible to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to use word processing and presentation software to prepare documents and compile reports.
- Highly organized with strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Highly communicative problem solver.
- Quick and adaptable learner.
- Ability to be flexible and operate effectively in fast-paced environments.
If you are qualified for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include LRA171Q in subject line. This information is required for consideration. No Phone Calls, Faxes or Agencies please.