Alexandria (Remote) VA
Are you interested in sports, and skilled in writing and content creation? United Way Worldwide has a long-time partnership with the NFL, and we are looking for an intern to join our team in this work. The intern will share digital content in support of the NFL Partnership via partnership social media handles and web platforms. They'll be exposed to how nonprofits and large corporations work together to make the world a better place.
On a weekly basis:
- Write one new blog entry for unitedway.org/nfl and Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud.
- Write one new post each for NFL Partnership handles (twitter.com/UW_TEAM_NFL, facebook.com/teamnfl, instagram.com/nflunitedway/)
- Conduct online searches for content related to partnership work including NFL market local United Way/Team news and Character Playbook news and repost via NFL Partneship handles.
- Conduct online searches for content related to United Way Player(+) players and/or United Ways and repost via NFL Partnership handles.
- Ensure content is multi-purposed for NFL Partnership web platforms and build out key sections (player pages, teamwork, history).
- Use NFL Partnership handles to promote the partnership’s national initiatives and fundraising efforts.
- Develop content for engaging United Way Network in NFL Partnership via Breakfast Online.
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms and formats
- Graphic and video editing skills
The internship opportunities are open to current students of a college program, or within 2 years of graduating. Applicants must be authorized to work within the United States and have all required documentation proving their authorization at the time of their application.
- Weekly professional development workshops provided onsite
- Chance to meet and work with top nonprofit experts in the country
- Free coffee & tea onsite
This internship will take place remotely.
Fall 2020 Internships will take place from September 8 through November 25, 2020.