The Research Assistant will provide overall support for the Schroeder Institute expertise center. This is a two-year grant and temporary funded position.
WHO WE ARE:
Truth Initiative® is America’s largest nonprofit public health organization committed to making tobacco use and nicotine addiction a thing of the past. We investigate, expose and amplify the truth about smoking, vaping, and nicotine through groundbreaking research and policy studies, our award-winning truth® campaign, community activism and engagement, and innovation to end tobacco use.
WHO YOU ARE:
You cross each t and dot each i - even when there isn't enough time for it -- and take pride in a job done well. Working as part of an effective team motivates you, but it's not your style to shy away from what you can do individually to make a difference. You are thoughtful and passionate about the challenges of our time and appreciate your community and the world around you. According to your vision, the future looks bright and you have a plan to make it happen.
THE DAY-TO-DAY STUFF:
- Coordinate grant funded research projects including coordinating meetings, developing and maintaining timelines, leading communication efforts through Basecamp and other project sharing platforms
- Conduct literature searches and reviews;
- Develop project related materials including reports, factsheets and presentations;
- Maintain the library of tobacco control research documents for grant funded projects;
- Assist on other projects as needed.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years’ experience in fact-checking, literature searches, and data collection and analysis.
- The candidate must be detail-oriented, flexible, and able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Excellent communication skills, with a focus on writing ability, are essential.
- The candidate should be committed to public health and tobacco control.