The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee is the only committee solely dedicated to electing a Democratic Senate. From organizing to fundraising to candidate recruitment, the DSCC works around-the-clock to re-elect Democratic senators and send new leaders to Washington who will move our country forward.
Description: This role supports the DSCC communications department by:
- Assisting the communications director and other members of the communications team in the overall running of the department.
- Producing morning and evening news clips on national, state and local stories relevant to the 2022 battleground Senate races.
- Monitoring and sharing real time clips and news developments throughout the day, including breaking news stories, tweets and other content.
- Reviewing local TV coverage of battleground Senate candidates.
- Assisting in the DSCC’s media relations, including monitoring incoming requests and serving as an initial point of contact for some media inquiries.
- Writing communications materials, including drafts of weekly reports, press releases, talking points and other materials.
- Managing newspaper and other subscriptions, national and state press lists, and contacts lists for staff and campaigns.
- Assisting with the daily distribution and posting of releases and other forward facing communications materials.
- Assisting in the coordination of the communications team’s work across departments.
- Manage department interns.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications: This is an entry-level position for organized and driven candidates interested in learning about campaign communications. Applicants should have an interest in campaign politics, the political news-cycle, and be comfortable working in a fast paced work environment.