Digital Media Coordinator
Washington (Remote) DC
The Food Research & Action Center (FRAC), a nonprofit public policy, research, and advocacy organization that works to end hunger in the U.S., is seeking a Digital Media Coordinator. The successful candidate has experience: in developing and executing aggressive social media campaigns and developing engaging and shareable content for a variety of audiences and platforms. The Digital Media Coordinator reports to the Director of Communications.
FRAC works to improve the nutrition, health, and well-being of people struggling against poverty-related hunger in the United States through advocacy, partnerships, and by advancing bold and equitable policy solutions. In partnership with hundreds of national, state, and local nonprofit organizations, public agencies, corporations, and labor organizations, FRAC strives to build a nation in which all people have the nutritious food they need to lead healthy and productive lives. Currently, FRAC is operating remotely, and this position will be remote as well.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Communications Department is responsible for promoting FRAC's mission, its brand and its programs through the media, publications, events, and digital communications. This position will be responsible for initiating and implementing social media strategies and content development and execution across a range of platforms. The
Digital Media Coordinator will:
- Create, launch and manage digital advocacy campaigns.
- Develop a plan for influencer engagement and leveraging partnerships.
- Build and manage editorial calendar for digital content and events.
- Create social media storytelling to engage and mobilize followers.
- Develop high-impact, rich and shareable text, image, and video content to inform, engage and mobilize target audiences around priority research and advocacy efforts, key moments and timely initiatives, such as report releases, events, and media and advocacy campaigns.
- Develop strategies for promoting and sharing digital content via social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube) to engage and mobilize target audiences
- Manage the day-to-day execution of social media to ensure FRAC’s brand, mission and initiatives are put forth in a timely, relevant, and positive way.
- Manage and produce digital events using Facebook Live, Webex, and Twitter chats.
- Report monthly and yearly on social media metrics.
- Significantly increase FRAC’s social media followers and digital media engagement.
- Coordinate with internal department stakeholders to ensure social media activities help support various FRAC initiatives.
- Proactively seek to understand social media platforms and emerging digital trends, particularly industry best practices and ways that other organizations and companies are harnessing them.
- Work both independently and with staff to conceptualize ideas for consistent blog content on FRAC Chat. Coordinate the editing and publishing process for each blog.
- Other digital media projects as assigned by the Communications Director.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least three years experience in executing social media campaigns and strategies across multiple platforms, preferably for a nonprofit organization, media organization, or public relations firm.
- Experience creating compelling content to expand social media footprint, including using tools such as Canva, Animoto, and a DSLR camera.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what social media audiences consume and how to create it.
- Understanding of 24-hour news cycles and how to identify elements with viral potential
- Interest in trends
- An eye for design.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff across the organization.
- Ability to be flexible and respond to changes as part of the review and feedback process.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and complete projects accurately and quickly.
- Track record of increasing social media followers.
- Commitment to social justice preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous leave, health, retirement and other benefits.
Tell the employer you found this job at OPAJOBS.COM!