Digital Marketing Manager
The Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) is a growing international climate organization building a team of passionate individuals working on solutions centered in equity. Founded in 1991, ISC’s mission is to unleash the power of communities and local leaders to respond to interconnected environmental, economic and social challenges to build a better future shaped and shared by all. For the past 30 years ISC has driven innovative and transformative solutions to climate change, from helping factories in Asia reduce greenhouse gas emissions to preparing for rising sea levels in Florida and building community resilience in US cities, ISC’s programs create collaborative solutions that embed equity in the transition to a green, low-emission economy.
ISC is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to join a growing team working for equity in climate change solutions around the world. The Digital Marketing Manager, a member of the communications department, manages digital communications and creates materials for all ISC staff to use in communicating with key audiences (funders, donors, partners and program audiences). The Manager is a thought partner who can ideate and develop creative tools, materials and approaches to our digital media, understanding a wide variety of audiences and uses for products. Primary responsibilities include the planning and design of a wide variety of communications materials, as well as creative direction, project management and production.
This position joins a small but growing team at a time of pivotal transformation for the organization. As ISC celebrates its 30th anniversary, we welcomed a new president, Deeohn Ferris, and are refreshing our strategic plan with a renewed commitment to addressing the racial and gender disparities, income inequality, and poverty that undermine efforts to build strong communities and regions as they respond to climate change. The ideal candidate will hold, and have demonstrated actions, illustrating the same commitment and values.
- Production: Produces and tests email communications. Proofreads web and email content with a focus on detail and quality control. Assists in creating and updating website content. Curates blog posts on relevant climate equity topics.
- Digital Marketing: Plan and execute digital marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email and social media.
- Creative Support: Work with program staff as an active thought partner in creation of materials for program implementation, including outreach materials, educational resources, presentations, videos, etc.
- Strategic Oversight: Manages vendors contracted to create print and electronic materials to ISC’s Brand Standards and Communications Strategy.
- Collateral Management: Create and maintain image files (including photos, charts, graphs) used in creating ISC materials; maintain inventory of ISC materials and update existing or create new pieces or templates as required.
- Website Maintenance: Maintain ISC’s websites (sustain.org, us.iscvt.org, etc.) using HTML, proprietary CMS and other tools as necessary.
- Contributes to team brainstorms and discussions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skilled user of Google Analytics, SEO/SEM, and social media management tools
- Proficient with Facebook Business Manager, Twitter and LinkedIn Ads Manager
- Ability to review data and deliver meaningful and actionable insights to teams
- Skilled in Wordpress, HTML, various CMS systems
- Experience with graphic design (knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign & Acrobat Pro)
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new programs quickly and easily
- Knowledge of photo and video editing
- Familiarity with managing databases a plus
- Strong project management and communications skills
- Ability to self-manage and manage up, take on and complete projects independently or within a team, and work within deadlines.
- Adaptable, interested in learning new things, takes initiative
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in a related area of expertise
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in communications and marketing
- Previous experience in international or non-profit development work preferred
- Ability to work effectively on a full time remote basis, with flexible hours
- Understanding and appreciation of ISC’s mission and the capacity to communicate the unique aims and values of the organization to a wide range of audiences
- Commitment to ISC’s goals and mission
ISC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workplace. People from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Tell the employer you found this job at OPAJOBS.COM!