RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) seeks a Research Associate to conduct and facilitate applied research and evaluation of services for survivors and their loved ones. As a key member of RAINN's Research and Evaluation team, this position will support research that helps fill the research-practice gap in victim services and leverages existing data to inform the field of victim services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will support RAINN's research and evaluation activities as follows:
- Use anonymous data from the National Sexual Assault Online Hotline (NSAOH) to examine survivors' needs and services provided, focusing on the needs and experiences of historically underserved and marginalized communities.
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of evaluation methods for new services.
- Prepare findings for publication in social science peer-review journals; author and co-author papers.
- Facilitate recruitment, onboarding and training of interns; match interns with team members to promote an enriching learning experience.
- Prepare research and evaluation protocols for Institutional Review Board approval.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required:
- Phd in social sciences (e.g., psychology, public health, social work) or related field preferred. Will consider Master's level education with relevant research experience.
- Specialized knowledge relevant to victim services and/or victimology.
- Experience with at least one statistical software package (SPSS and MPlus preferred); analyses may include categorical data analysis, person-centered modeling (e.g., LCA), missing data analysis and qualitative data analysis.
- Commitment to mentoring and developing junior staff and interns.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Excellent English-language communication skills (oral and written).
- Comfortable discussing issues surrounding sexual violence.
- Must pass a criminal background check (administered by RAINN).
Flexible transition to on-site work in Washington, DC. Willing to consider remote work. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Tell the employer you found this job at OPAJOBS.COM!