Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Georgetown University’s Center on Health Insurance Reforms (CHIR) is composed of a team of nationally recognized experts on private health insurance and health reform. We are based at Georgetown University’s Health Policy Institute (HPI), and work regularly with a multidisciplinary group of faculty and staff dedicated to conducting research on issues related to health policy and health services. HPI is affiliated with the University’s public policy graduate programs - the McCourt School of Public Policy.
The Research Associate supports CHIR senior research faculty in developing and disseminating research deliverables, developing targeted communications campaigns, marketing published content, devising improvements to the blog and website, managing social media. Reporting to a CHIR Professor, the Research Associate has duties that include but are not limited to:
Provide Research and Writing Support for Team Deliverables
- Data collection and analysis
- Development of research products
- Writing of issue briefs, articles, blog posts and memos
- Design and execution of Center’s communications strategy
- Management of e-mail communications
- Development of power point presentations and other products
- Assigning and monitoring intern projects
- Helping interns have a positive experience while working with CHIR
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of health policy experience